This weekend was a busy one, it flew by fast but I did a lot and enjoyed myself as you’ll get to see below.
- I attended the Grand Opening of a new local goods shop called “Majesty and Friends” (6421 112 Ave, Edmonton) in the Highlands neighbourhood. They had swag bags for the first so many customers, they ran out two people in front of me ha ha WOMP WOMP. I was in and out within 5 minutes because it was packed in there, but I managed to buy a friend a small gift for her upcoming birthday. I have started to make more of an effort to buy gifts from local shops when I can. You can follow the store on Instagram at instagram.com/majestyandfriends
- I took Lexi for a nice long walk in one of the off leash dog parks in the river valley, it wasn’t sunny until much later in the day but the weather was perfect.
- I stopped in at the newest Brewery District shop, The Art of Cake, to check it out. I walked away with a salted caramel macaron and a jalepeno cheddar scone, they were tasty! I’m definitely planning my next coffee date there.
- I met up with a friend for a walk near her home in the river valley. It was gorgeous outside and it was nice to catch up with her. We grabbed coffee/tea from Little Brick and took her daughter to the park in their neighbourhood.
- I attended one of the Lux Beauty Boutique’s makeup classes called Face Fundamentals with a friend. I’ve previously been a couple of their classes (probably close to 5 years ago) but tagged along with a friend who wanted to go and learn the basics. I still had a wonderful time and their new space is beautiful. The two makeup artists/staff who lead the class were great and you are able to learn a lot of the basics in the two hours this class was scheduled for. The only thing I miss when I compare their recent makeup classes is that the $50 you pay covers the class only, whereas before they would let you put the $50 towards any items you purchased in their shop that day. If you’d like to check out their upcoming events, the link is https://luxbeauty.com/pages/events.
- I signed up for a 7 pm yoga class at Hive Fit Co., it was my first time taking a yoga class at their studio and I really enjoyed it. The class I took was called “Restore and Revive” and is suitable for beginners. I think I am going to do a more in depth review of Hive as a studio later this week since I’ve now taken all of their offered classes (Cycle, Row and Yoga).
Tell me, did you do anything interesting this weekend?